The Waiver/Roster is due by May 31st, 2020
SIGN – SCAN – EMAIL – BRING ORIGINAL
Players’ parents or guardians must sign the attached Waiver/Roster prior to the player stepping onto the fields.
We DO NOT accept rosters from any other organization. Manager’s and coaches also sign this waiver.
What does it say???
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in a BombSquad Baseball tournament at any location or fields so designated, the undersigned:
1) Agree that prior to and during participation, they will inspect the facilities, rules, weather, and equipment to be used, and if they believe anything is unsafe they will advise their coach or supervisor and Tournament Director of such condition (s) in writing and refuse to participate or continue participating;
2) Acknowledge and fully understand that each participant and spectator will engage in activities that involve risk of serious injury including permanent disability or death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from their own actions, inaction’s, or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the conditions of the premises or of any equipment used. Further that there may be other risks not known to us, not reasonably foreseeable at this time, or not mentioned above.
3) Assume all the stated and all other risks and accept personal responsibility and financial responsibility for the damages following any and all injury, permanent disability, or death through personal or team insurance and personal financial resources.
4) Release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Cities/towns of Portage, Michigan City, Chesterton, and Lake Station, Michigan City High School, Chesterton High School, Portage High School, BombSquad Baseball and their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches, and other employees or vendors of the organization, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and leasers of the premises used to conduct the event, all of which are hereafter referred to as “released” from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his or hers heirs and next of kin for ant and all claims, demands, losses, or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or part by the negligence of the release or otherwise.
5) Authorize BombSquad Baseball to use photographs of the players, team names, and storylines for promotional purposes.
6) All coaches and parents will abide by the BombSquad Code of Conduct – some points include: NO NOISE POLLUTION (LOW-TONED, DEROGATORY, INVALIDATING COMMENTS), and NO GIVING THE EVENT STAFF (UMPIRES INCLUDED) A HARD TIME OR BEING THREATENING. This is not professional sports and our staff and umpires are not paid enough to receive your criticism and indirect negative chatter so don’t do it coaches or parents. You may be removed from your game, the premises and our tournament and some umpires may refuse to umpire your games which may leave you without an umpire. If you get so fired up you feel the need to spew noise pollution, get a gate pass, go to your car, drive a mile or two away, and scream into the mirror until you feel better and return when all is cool.
7) There is a $5/day admission (ages 6 and older) to watch games in this tournament, whether inside a fenced area or not. Its up to the Head Coach to ensure his spectators are aware of this prior to coming to the event. If there is no gate attendant, no fences, or for spectators that prefer to watch from a distance, please pay the admission at the concession stand or locate a gate attendant. A maximum of 3 coaches are permitted without charge (not a fan that wants a freebee) per day and a maximum of 3 coaches are allowed in the dugout at any time. Should fans of a team refuse to pay the gate admission or give the event staff a hard time, the team’s game(s) may be delayed until this is resolved, the opposing team may be credited with a run per unpaying spectator, and/or the team may forfeit the game and be removed from the tournament.